Ærø's electric ferry Ellen
With Ærø's new electric ferry Ellen, a new green climate-friendly transport route has been created from Germany via southern Denmark to and from Ærø. E/F Ellen sails 4-7 times a day and the crossing offers lapping waves and seagulls rather than engine noise and diesel smoke.
The world's furthest ranging electric ferry, Ellen, sails 4-7 times a day between Als in Sønderborg Municipality and Søby on Ærø. This has created a new green climate-friendly transport route from Germany via Southern Denmark to and from Ærø.
Do you want to complete your green journey so bring your bike, rent a bike on Ærø or go for a walk on one of Ærø's many hiking trails. Ærø has many beautiful cycling and hiking routes. Of course we also have electric charging stations for your electric car on Ærø.
E/F Ellen is a 100% battery-powered ferry and is the world's longest sailor of its kind. The batteries are recharged with electricity from the wind turbines and the crossing can be enjoyed in a different peace and quiet than the one normally experienced on board a traditional diesel ferry.
With Ellen you will get:
- 4-7 crossings per night day and with good opportunities for one-day trips
- Very low ferry prices almost the whole year - for example DKK 84 for one person return trip
- 60 minutes crossing time
- An electric ferry for both cars, caravans, bicycles, motorcycles and pedestrians
- Access to many cycling and hiking routes directly from the ferry dock in Søby on Ærø
- Only five kilometers to Northern Europe's finest seaside golf course on Ærø
- No smoke from the chimney or alarm from diesel engines on the electric ferry
- A green transport that benefits the climate in Southern Denmark